- General Surgery
Education & Training:
- Medical School: University of Alabama – Birmingham School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Alabama- Birmingham
- Residency: University of Alabama- Birmingham
- Residency in General Surgery: Hennepin County Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of Alabama – Birmingham
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery: University of Michigan
- Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery/Bariatric Surgery: University of Minnesota
- American College of Surgeons – Resident Member (2005-Current)
- American Pediatric Surgery Association – Resident Member (2012-Current)
- American Society of Gene Therapy –Associate member (2001-2005, 2009-2010)
- American College of Physicians (2004)
- American Medical Association (1999-2005)
- American Medical Student Association (1999-2005)
- Full spectrum of Neonatal and pediatric diseases
- Minimally invasive surgical approaches
- High-speed tandem mass spectrometric in situ imaging by nanospray desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometry.
- Substitution of adenovirus serotype 3 hexon onto a serotype 5 oncolytic adenovirus reduces factor X binding, decreases liver tropism, and improves antitumor efficacy.
- Oncolytic adenoviruses targeted to cancer stem cells.
- Retroperitoneal and intra-abdominal sarcoma.
- Members of adenovirus species B utilize CD80 and CD86 as cellular attachment receptors.
- Adenovirus serotype 3 utilizes CD80 (B7.1) and CD86 (B7.2) as cellular attachment receptors.
- A mosaic adenovirus possessing serotype Ad5 and serotype Ad3 knobs exhibits expanded tropism.