David C. Wahoff, MD, PhD
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Certificate of Special Qualifications in Pediatric Surgery
Education and Training:
- Medical School: Vanderbilt University
- PhD Surgery: University of Minnesota
- Fellowship in General Surgery: Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Fellowship in Surgical Infectious Diseases: Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Fellowship in Pediatric Surgery: Children’s Hospital Medical Center – Cincinnati
- Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Fetal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Trauma
- Early results of an objective feedback-directed system for the staged traction repair of long-gap esophageal atresia.
- Diagnosis and management of pediatric endocrine neoplasms.
- A deeply invasive Phoma species infection in a renal transplant recipient.
- Distant processing of pancreas islets for autotransplantation following total pancreatectomy.
- Transcontinental shipping of pancreatic islets for autotransplantation after total pancreatectomy.
- Retroperitoneal fibrosis: a report of complete colonic obstruction.
- The defective glucagon response from transplanted intrahepatic pancreatic islets during hypoglycemia is transplantation site-determined.
- Total lymphoid irradiation, without intrathymic injection of donor cells, induces indefinite acceptance of heart but not islet or skin allografts in rats.
- Allograft tolerance by intrathymic donor splenocyte transfer: an age-dependent, species-specific phenomenon?
- Islet Autotransplantation after total pancreatectomy in a child.
- Mycoplasma hominis infections occurring in cardiovascular surgical patients.
- Decreased chronic failure of intraperitoneal impure islets versus intrahepatic pure islets in a canine autograft model.
- Clinical islet autotransplantation after pancreatectomy: determinants of success and implications for allotransplantation?
- Autologous islet transplantation to prevent diabetes after pancreatic resection.
- T cell vaccination fails to prolong survival of skin allografts in mice.
- Pancreatic endocrine sufficiency does not inhibit engraftment of unpurified autologous islets in dogs
- Pregnancy after total pancreatectomy and autologous islet transplantation.
- The peritoneal cavity: an alternative site for clinical islet transplantation?
- Characterization and impact of wound infection after pancreas transplantation.
- Free intraperitoneal islet autografts in pancreatectomized dogs–impact of islet purity and posttransplantation exogenous insulin.
- Intraperitoneal transplantation of microencapsulated canine islet allografts with short-term, low-dose cyclosporine for treatment of pancreatectomy-induced diabetes in dogs.
- Effect of pancreatic islet allografts on kidney allograft rejection incidence in simultaneous islet/kidney and islet after kidney recipients.
- Evolution of kidney, pancreas, and islet transplantation for patients with diabetes at the University of Minnesota.