- Pediatric Surgery
Education and Training:
- Medical School: University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Internship: Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Residency in General Surgery: Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Residency in Pediatric Surgery: Department of Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship: Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota
- Fully trained adult and adolescent weight loss surgeon
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Association for Academic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- International Pediatric Endosurgery
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Boston Surgical Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- New England Surgical Society
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- ASMBS pediatric metabolic and bariatric surgery guidelines, 2018.
- Postoperative Complications in Children With Crohn Disease Treated With Infliximab.
- Effect of vagotomy during Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery on weight loss outcomes.
- A modern cohort of duodenal obstruction patients: predictors of delayed transition to full enteral nutrition.
- A Single Institution’s Overweight Pediatric Population and Their Associated Comorbid Conditions.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding and hypoglycemia.
- Early results of an objective feedback-directed system for the staged traction repair of long-gap esophageal atresia.
- A case report of the early results of laparoscopic bariatric surgery in six completely nonambulatory patients.
- Comparison of laparoscopic-assisted and open total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch anal anastomosis in children and adolescents.
- Predictive value of the Pediatric Ulcerative Colitis Activity Index in the surgical management of ulcerative colitis.
- NASPGHAN clinical report on the evaluation and treatment of pediatric patients with internal penetrating Crohn disease: intraabdominal abscess with and without fistula.
- Technique of laparoscopic-assisted total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch anal anastomosis in children and adolescents: a single center’s 8-year experience.
- Use of negative pressure wound therapy for abdominal wounds in neonates and infants.
- Transoral closure of a perforation of the hypopharynx from blunt trauma.
- Congenital intra-abdominal bilateral juvenile granulosa cell tumors of the testis associated with constitutional loss of material from chromosome 4.
- Thoracoscopic aortopexy for treatment of tracheomalacia in infants and children.
- Reduced size liver transplantation from a donor supported by a Berlin Heart.
- Use of a distal arteriovenous fistula in a complex vascular reconstruction after resection of an osteosarcoma in a high-risk child.
- Pediatric tracheal disruption repaired via median sternotomy.
- Laparoscopic stapled left lateral segment liver resection–technique and results.
- Chronic intrauterine pulmonary hypertension compromises fetal pulmonary artery smooth muscle cell O2 sensing.
- Paravalvular leaks around prosthetic valves implanted in the mitral position: technical refinements of the ovine model.
- Contribution of the K(Ca) channel to membrane potential and O2 sensitivity is decreased in an ovine PPHN model.
- Open-lung biopsy guides therapy in children.
- Development of a true primary repair for the full spectrum of esophageal atresia.